One of the comment in my blog contains important information dealing with renewal contract of maid in KL’s Indonesia Embassy. I thank the writer, Mrs. Kamala & wait for similar sharing from other employer in other country.
Went to the Indonesian Embassy in Kuala Lumpur this morning and got everything done. Arrived there at 8 am. The crowd was humungous. Got no 4007. Was called for document submission by 9.15am (they start work at 9 am) The officer was so polite and he also took time to explain to my maid about the things to be done in Surabaya to get the KTKLN. Waited until 11.15 am to get back the attested copy of the Employment contract.
This is the list of documents that I submitted today:
1. 3 copies – Employment contract (downloaded from Embassy website)
2. 2 copies – Maid’s passport
3. 2 copies – Employer’s IC(Husband)
4. 2 copies – Representative’s IC (Wife) – since I represented my husband
5. 2 copies – Surat Wakil signed by employer appointing wife to deal with the Embassy
6. 2 copies – Marriage certificate – to prove wakil is employer’s wife
7. 2 copies – Maid’s bank pass book – only the front cover that states maid’s name
Note : It seems that there is a ruling that TKI visiting the Embassy must wear shoes. There were a few ladies at the entry gate trying to sell terrible looking shoes to the TKI waiting in the queue. She tried to pursuade me to buy one for my maid but I refused. A few ladies actually fell for the scam and bought the shoes. However, we were not checked at all in the Embassy. But just in case, please ensure the maid/ other employees to wear proper shoes when visiting the Embassy. Who knows, they would be more stringent in the checking in future.
Thank you Pak Humari for the this blog. It was a definitely a great help. To all applicants, just make sure to take photocopies of all relevant documents before you go eventhough photocopy service is available there because the as I said early, the crowd was indeed humongous.